/2818/28/18 - Lots of great new information on vaping, e-cigarettes and tobacco use! Click here for more details.
As of June 1, 2013, if you need a refill for a medication after hours, your account will be charged $10. While we in no way want your child to be without the medication that they need, we also incur a cost every time that there is a need to call our service (more than the $10) after hours. Often being able to call in a medication results in not needing an office visit, either with us, After Hours Pediatrics, or the ER. We hope you understand the need to share the cost of this service.
Remember we are here Monday through Friday from 8 – Noon and 1:30 – 5, as well as Saturday from 8-Noon!
Thanks for understanding,
We're on Facebook! Please like us. :)
Check out this music video - Tdap rocks!
HERE'S THE SCOOP! We're so happy children are being protected, but we know there's confusion...
In light of the new CA Tdap mandate for all 7th – 12th graders entering into the school system this Fall you will need the following information:
1. You will need to show proof of your child having received a Tdap vaccine: this means you will need to show the school a yellow CALIFORNIA immunization card.
2. If you have a yellow CA immunization card for your child: look for the documentation of the vaccine called Tdap; it cannot be a Td.
3. If you feel as though your child received the Tdap in the past but it is not documented on your yellow card: (in general the Tdap is given at the 12 yr physical, however with the epidemic of pertussis in the state of CA this past year many patient’s will receive it at the age of 10 years), you will need to bring the yellow CA immunization card to the office to be updated. Plan to leave the yellow CA immunization card to be updated and due to the high volume of card updates, please allow 24 – 48 hours turnaround time.
4. If you are not sure if your child has received the Tdap vaccine: call the office and leave a message on the Telephone Nurse line. The Telephone Nurse will return your call the same day.
5. If you do NOT have a yellow CA immunization card: call the Telephone Nurse line and leave a message stating that you will need a card made. The fee for making a yellow CA immunization card is $15. Please allow 24 – 48 hours turnaround time and plan to stop by the office to pick up the card; we will not be mailing them. Once your child has this card, please keep it in a safe location as it is considered to be a legal document that will be needed for entry into college, international travel and various school or forms.
We're glad that everyone is getting the word about needing a Tdap booster before entering 7th grade and are requesting updated yellow cards and vaccines. If you've requested one, please remember to come by and pick it up: our box is overflowing! :)
NEW CARSEAT RECOMMENDATIONS!
The new policy advises parents to keep their toddlers in rear-facing car seats until age 2, or until they reach the maximum height and weight for their seat. It also advises that most children will need to ride in a belt-positioning booster seat until they have reached 4 feet 9 inches tall and are between 8 and 12 years of age.
Check out the links for car seat info!
Changes to Flexible Spending Accounts for 2011: writing prescriptions for non-prescription drugs :(
We, the physicians of Los Robles Pediatric Medical Group, are unfortunately unable to write prescriptions for non-prescription drugs simply because we do not have enough time. We try at all times to be helpful to our patients, but our time is best spent caring for their health and well-being. If we were to write prescriptions for formulas, soaps and shampoos, cold medicines, allergy medicines, skin creams, lotions, and ointments, pain and fever medicines, and all the other over the counter products available on drugstore or grocery store shelves, while calculating and writing the proper dose of each for each child, we would not have sufficient time to care for our patients.
By definition, a non-prescription drug does not require a prescription. Accordingly, we will not be providing these prescriptions.
We hope you understand our dilemma.